ORU returns to Summit League

ORUalum

LINK

I'm shocked!!!!

It sounds like ORU was not happy with the further expansion of the Southland.

Had heard rumblings of this. The Southland is a football oriented conference that could care less about basketball. They refuse to schedule good teams and improve the league's RPI.

What? You mean we won't get to play the athletic powerhouses of Incarnate Word & Abilene Christian?

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

We are hearing rumors up in the frozen northland that some of the people of influence at ORU are making inquiries about returning to the Summit. I have to admit that I find this next to impossible to believe. Any comments if such words are being spoken in the wam sunny south?

credit to West-River_Jack who had this pegged a month ago.

i guess ORU did not burn bridges after leaving.

i still wish things would have worked out with the Southland, but if ORUTerry is correct that the league was not committed to basketball then Mr Carter needed to find an alternative.

love them or hate them, the Dakota schools are committed to fielding winning teams in all sports.

• Upvote 1

Geez, we never even gave the Southland a chance.

We are leaving before we even played at some of the venues or visited their towns.

And this is not your father's Mid-Con/Summit - gone are Valpo, Oakland, Southern Utah, and natural rival UMKC.

Who's our travel partner now: Denver? Nebraska-Omaha?

Just not crazy about a Summit reboot. Ironic that this news comes on a day when we are enjoying some typical Dakotas baseball weather,,,

• Upvote 1

Geez, we never even gave the Southland a chance.

We are leaving before we even played at some of the venues or visited their towns.

And this is not your father's Mid-Con/Summit - gone are Valpo, Oakland, Southern Utah, and natural rival UMKC.

Who's our travel partner now: Denver? Nebraska-Omaha?

Just not crazy about a Summit reboot. Ironic that this news comes on a day when we are enjoying some typical Dakotas baseball weather,,,

Seems like the Summit could announce another team to get to 10. Maybe East Dakota? I kid... but only slightly.

And OT, I know Valpo and Oakland were awesome rivals but Southern Utah and UMKC made the Washington Generals look like the 1927 Yankees.

This move does not excite me at all, but it will be nice to recognize our opponents again.

I realize we couldn't even win the Southland last year but I'm so happy we are going back. Felt all along that orubb was not pleased with it. I have not been excited about any of the SLC opponents. I realize it's only slightly better, but it feels like a huge step back up.

plus, I thought it was starting to be a fun rivalry with NDSU, SDSU, Oral Roberts.....   Omaha is close to Tulsa.. and Denver.... it'll be a great league into the future and maybe pick up UARL ? or EIU>

The fact we have to deal with the likes of LakesBison again is depression enough.

Feels like I've been sent back to the "kids table" at the family Thanksgiving get-together...

• Upvote 1