WIU 3 ORU 1

theeagleman5

ORU's men has it's season ended by the Leathernecks, 3-1 in the Summit semi-finals....the guys finish 6-8-4 overall....but much improvement over last leason.... :clap:

i noticed in several of the post game interviews from orugoldeneagles.com during the season the coach talked about changing the culture/attiitude of the program.  if he did that, the season was a success.  now he just needs to get his players in and start winning games.

This season was a step in the right direction. I think the change in leadership made a big difference.

Yes, no arguing that it was an improvement from last year.  Being close to the soccer program, I know several of the key players were not eligible for last year due to transfer or redshirt rules.  If those players were available, last year would have been better. 

In addition, it was just two years ago the ORU mens soccer team was in the Tournament championship and winning going into halftime.  Eventually they surrendered the lead with an "own goal" and questionable hand ball in the box that lead to a PK. 

Yes, last year was not idea, again some quality players were waiting on eligibility.  Like I said, the year before that they were very close to going to the NCAA tournament.  Let's don't forget that when "changing the culture," but it was an improvement. 

To add one more thing, the women's program had a huge improvement.  Lost in a penalty shoot out heartbreaker during the semifinal in which they dominated.  Their record improved drastically from 12-7 to 15-4