ORU vs. TU

Old Titan

Name one other game either team plays, where both message boards are buzzing, two weeks before tip-off?

The game matters. It is a good rivalry. Let's get it on!

Great to see Eddie Woods, Al Boswell, Greg McDougald, etc on the court again......TheEagleman was in the stands that night....tough loss.....thought for sure we would beat TU.....I am all for still playing the game...we need to beat their butts this year....TheEagleman wants a double digit win...... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

I agree, Tulsa needs a good in-town rivalry game, even though ORU has dominated them lately

We haven't 'dominated' them lately. But, over Scott's tenure the series has been pretty even. I'd have to look back at the records, but I want to say we are about .500 against TU since Scott's first team had the Binam miracle shot, to beat TU's Elite Eight team.

Which, considering the overall series history, Scott has fared very well against TU. And, if Wojcik wouldn't have chickened out last year, we'd have another W over TU.

TU falls at Arkansas-Little Rock today by 72-65......they fell behind by 11 at the half but rallied late....however, UALR was able to hold on and get the win over the Golden Hurricane.....TU warms up for the ORU game next Saturday by playing at Creighton on Wednesday night.....so both ORU and TU play top 20 teams prior to the Mayor's Cup game..... :nerd:

I agree, Tulsa needs a good in-town rivalry game, even though ORU has dominated them lately

We haven't 'dominated' them lately. But, over Scott's tenure the series has been pretty even. I'd have to look back at the records, but I want to say we are about .500 against TU since Scott's first team had the Binam miracle shot, to beat TU's Elite Eight team.

Which, considering the overall series history, Scott has fared very well against TU. And, if Wojcik wouldn't have chickened out last year, we'd have another W over TU.

Since 1999 - 2000 Season

2012 - 2013     TBD

2011 - 2012     N/A

2010 - 2011     L   (83 - 68)

2009 - 2010     L   (57 - 52)

2008 - 2009     L   (50 - 43)

2007 - 2008    W  (84 - 70)

2006 - 2007    L   (75 - 57)

2005 - 2006    W  (68 - 52)

2004 - 2005    W  (70 - 47)

2003 - 2004    W  (87 - 81)

2002 - 2003    L   (90 - 80)

2001 - 2002    L   (73 - 66)

2000 - 2001    L   (89 - 81)

1999 - 2000    W  (60 - 59)

Hummmm....ORU has lost 4 of the last 5....time for a little payback...... ;-)

Not a lot of talk about this game so far.

Have I mentioned that the timing (Christmas break) is really, really bad? The crowd tomorrow will be horrible too.

Not a lot of talk about this game so far.

Have I mentioned that the timing (Christmas break) is really, really bad? The crowd tomorrow will be horrible too.

I'll be there, FWIW . . .

i think it will be a low scoring, ugly game. the book on ORU appears to be, strong ball pressure on the guards to get them out of their offensive rhythm.

i'll predict ORU wins 56-51 -- a combination of nerves, turnovers and poor offense by both teams.

I agree with your assessment, though I think the score might be a bit higher. Our rebounding should be able to offset the turnovers we commit. Let's hope that Niles and Glover have a good shooting game.

Apparently TU has some quick guards who can pressure the ball and score but they are sorely lacking in height. They have trouble guarding big men. I would like to see a focus on scoring near the basket rather than settling for jump shots.

Apparently TU has some quick guards who can pressure the ball and score but they are sorely lacking in height. They have trouble guarding big men. I would like to see a focus on scoring near the basket rather than settling for jump shots.

Jason's points are so strong that they needed to be stated thrice.....we need to get the ball inside early and dominate....time for Tree and DBH to step up and stake ORU to an early lead....then Niles can stick the dagger in from the 3-point line....it's time that the guys from 7777  South Lewis kicked these guys from 11th and Harvard around a little bit....we need to send them back uptown with an old fashioned A$$ whoppin'.....TheEagleman really thinks that our team is ready to put it all together and roll to a big win...I see Niles, Tree, DBH and Glover all in double figures....we romp 74-57 in a game that really won't be THAT close....wish Coach Sutton would leave the starters in for the whole game and really run it up...if it still was Wojcik on the TU bench he probably would....but not with Manning over there.....Coach is too much of a gentleman.....TheEagleman detests TU....and they don't have the horses to play with us this year....too bad that there will be a lot of students missing....but we should still have a nice home crowd.....time to wake up and kick their butts.....GO BLUE!..... :clap:

Geoff Haxton as the color man on the TV broadcast?...who's doing the ORU radio broadcast?... :nerd: