Yorkovich "Most Wanted" Poster

tmh8286

Please share this photo with as many people as possible - we need to do all we can to prevent this guy from doing any further damage!!

JOHN YORKOVICH

2526093220010259407S425x425Q85.jpg

Summit League Referee and alleged  perpetrator of double-technical atrocity at the IPFW game on 8/7/09

A.K.A.:

Wild Whistle Willie

T 'em Up Ted

Pouty Puss Pete

Don't let that smile fool you!  Behind it is the devious mind that issued two technical fouls to ORU in the game against IPFW this weekend, giving IPFW six consecutive free throw shots and effectively ending the comeback being orchestrated by the Golden Eagles. 

In the past two seasons John Yorkovich has officiated eight games involving the Golden Eagles.  The ORU bench has been issued a technical foul in FIVE of those eight games.  That is unprecedented under the officiating of ANY other referee on the past two seasons.  This man has got to be stopped!

If spotted, be careful - he is armed with a whistle and should be considered extremely dangerous!!  Past criminal activity is unknown, but is suspected - in recent sightings he's still been wearing stripes!

It is possible that this suspect may be seen in Mabee Center again before the end of this season - please make sure that ORU fans are aware of his past and that we let him know we won't allow a repeat of his outrageous behavior in our house!!

Looks like we got "YORKOVICH'd" again... Seriously, this guy must have some major issue with ORU or the coaches. To issue 5 technicals in 8 games on a bench that almost never gets T'd up is absurd.

Does this guy have a quick whistle with everybody?? I know you probably can't request certain officials, but can we ask NOT to get this guy?

I didn't even see the last five minutes of the game, but based on the situation, what this guy did is border-line criminal.

You can't T up a kid for getting emotional in a tight situation like that, ESPECIALLY if YOUR call may have been questionable! Then, you top that off with the bench tech... That's Officiating 101, you can't 'double penalize' (or in this case, 'triple penalize') a player or coach in that way. He ended this game all by himself.

Even I know that, and all I ever called were intramural games! Although, some of those games were probably more heated  :-D

Interestingly, this guy has called 8 technical fouls this season and four of them have been with IPFW and ORU involved - 2 on Saturday and 2 when IPFW played in Tulsa on 1/8/08.  If I remember correctly, those technicals in Tulsa were called on an IPFW player and Dan Fife.  Could it be that he needed to even the playing field??  :evil:

You can read all about this official's history here.

Here's a link to a ref stat page for Yorkovich.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/john-yorkovich/teams

Based upon a quick scan, it appears that our home foul margin, the difference between the fouls called on the home team vs. the visiting team is about 4 fouls per game in our favor.  However, note the WIU stat from last year, a whopping 11.5 foul margin in their favor - that would be worthy of further analysis.

Here's a link to a ref stat page for Yorkovich.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/john-yorkovich/teams

Based upon a quick scan, it appears that our home foul margin, the difference between the fouls called on the home team vs. the visiting team is about 4 fouls per game in our favor.  However, note the WIU stat from last year, a whopping 11.5 foul margin in their favor - that would be worthy of further analysis.

Here's his linkedin profile:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/john/yorkovich

And believe it or not he runs an officiating camp and participates in others:

http://www.mnofficials.com/umdcamp.html

http://rickandsam.com/OurStaff.html

TMI....we don't want to give the guy a complex and make him think that we're going to send the ORU Mafia out on him!!  ;D

VERY nice, senior!! When I was putting that together yesterday I was thinking you could improve on it!!  Thanks!

A couple more interesting observations about Yorkovich -

- In the past two seasons ORU has received technical fouls in nine games,  five officiated by Yorkovich.

-  This season ORU has received technicals in three games, Yorkovich officiated in two of them. 

These numbers include ALL technicals, against both players and the bench.  There is no way to differentiate (with the information I have available) which ref called the T's, or who a call against the bench was against, but it is rare that a bench foul goes against anyone other than the head coach.  Yorkovich may not have made all of those calls, but he was part of a team of officials that called the game in such a way that emotions reached the boiling point - and you have to admit, those numbers are pretty indicting.

Hate to rain on the parade, but I must admit feeling a little uncomfortable with the tone of this thread, in view of the disturbing trend worldwide of violence directed toward game officials in all sports, from pee-wee league on up.

That being said, Yorkovich is a tool who probably hates puppies and votes for Democrats.  :wink:

One more bit of evidence against him - if you go back two seasons, no games were called by Yorkovich - and there was only ONE technical foul called against ORU bench all season.  Since Yorkovich came on the scene there's been a dramatic increase in bench T's :wink: . . .

My original intent, OT, was to find a humorous way to point out the inordinately high number of technical fouls this guy has called against our coach.  There was no intention to incite any violence.  But you can yell at him if you want  8-) . . .

Hate to rain on the parade, but I must admit feeling a little uncomfortable with the tone of this thread, in view of the disturbing trend worldwide of violence directed toward game officials in all sports, from pee-wee league on up.

That being said, Yorkovich is a tool who probably hates puppies and votes for Democrats.  :wink:

Look, OT, I don't like this guy, but making that claim is really going beyond the pale :lol: . . .

TheEagleman did not see what happened late in the game Saturday afternoon but from descriptions of what happened...it sounds ridiculous to "T" up the player and coach in that situation in a close game...as a football and baseball official myself, the LAST thing that any ref/ump/official wants to do is decide the outcome of a closely played contest...let the players decide....but, there are some guys (and TheEagleman has worked with a few) who enjoy being the center of attention and have to do what they can to help things along....this official sounds like one of those guys....I saw what he did in the IPFW game at Mabee and thought it was also uncalled for....The Summit League needs to have a chat with this fellow or just stop using him....sounds like he might be easily set off....or perhaps he just doesn't like schools named for Tele-evangelists?..... :|

Summit League refs don't appear to be getting any better.  Listening to the IPFW game on the radio, ORU had the momentum and had dug themselves almost out of the hole, and then the calls on Sango.  I have seen several players tap the floor out of frustration in a situation like that, and I don't see that as a lack of sportsmanship.  There was nothing from the player aimed at the referee or another player, just a safe way to blow off some steam.  Seems unnecessary.

Not to mention that Marcus was playing with 1 foul early in the 2nd half and then he received 3 more fouls within a 3-4 minute span and has to sit down.  He finally comes back in and soon receives his 5th.  Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I remembered it.  Marcus had very little impact in the 2nd half of the IPFW game because of very quick fouls called in succession.  Since I wasn't watching the game on Elive, maybe others who were could verify the legitimacy of those calls...

Then Monday night listening to the women's game, it was a 2 point game with about a minute to go in OT and within the last 2 minutes of the game 3 charges were called on ORU, including one where a basket was made and the ball had left Janae's hand before the contact occurred, still the basket was waived off.  It seems like we are either unlucky, or there could be a little anti-ORU bias since we have had so much success over the last 4 years.  I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, but it's very frustrating when there is so much incompetence.  When have you ever seen 3 charging calls in a 2-minute span at the end of a game.

I didn't want to spark up anymore ref debate with the the W.I game on the horizon, but I stumbled on an interesting stat from some officiating forum thread. I'm not sure how credible this is, but it appears Mr.  Rob/John Blagojevich/Yorkovich is #3 in refs with the Most technicals called per game.

Top 100

Most Technicals Per Game

Referee Techs

Per Game Games

Called

Todd Von Sossan 0.8 11

Everett Summers 0.8 33

John Yorkovich 0.8 22

John Weeks 0.8 17

Scott Twardoski 0.7 15

Frank Spencer 0.7 37

Damon Williams 0.7 11

Wilson Holland 0.7 14

Marc Ellard 0.7 25

Quez Crawford 0.7 12

http://forum.officiating.com/showthread.php?t=42978

Scroll 1/3 down.

I also found it interesting that Mr. Blagojevich, I mean Yorkovich officiated the NDSU game, and surprisenly we were called for four more fouls than them and 4 came in the last 36 seconds. Although, fouls typically occur when a team is down late in the game, it still is interesting.

VISITORS: Oral Roberts 1-5, 0-1                    PF/20

HOME TEAM: North Dakota State 3-2, 1-0      PF/16

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11900&SPID=697&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=3628231

• 1 year later...

This is a disgrace.....no further comment on this guy is necessary.....how does he ever get any D-1 assignments?.... :puke::puke::puke:

I heard Jay Moore say on movie set , Clint Eastwood said to an extra who was over acting, "Sweetheart, you have no idea how little this movie is about you, if i could i would have just hired your arm."

thats how i feel about officials. Someone needs to tell this guy,

"Zebra, you have no idea how much this game is not about you..If i could have, i would have just hired your whistle."

I hate that he stole the game from the players.

I heard Jay Moore say on movie set , Clint Eastwood said to an extra who was over acting, "Sweetheart, you have no idea how little this movie is about you, if i could i would have just hired your arm."

thats how i feel about officials. Someone needs to tell this guy,

"Zebra, you have no idea how much this game is not about you..If i could have, i would have just hired your whistle."

I hate that he stole the game from the players.

+1 :clap:

What I find incredible is that it's been two years since this thread had it's last entry. I thought that maybe we were being too hard on him - in that we hadn't had any issues with him for nearly two years. However, I did some research and found that he has not officiated a single ORU game since that day in February 2009! Unbelievable! Add to that... he's only reffed a TOTAL of 13 games this season (Simpson and Lusk were on games 29 and 30), and he uses his gig as a substitute ref to become a prima donna.