Billbury to VCU?

SOLO_Gold

Korey Billbury averaged 14.4 ppg and 7.4 rpg for Oral Roberts. Grad transfer & immediately eligible. VCU in the mix. Would be HUGE add.

— District Baller (@DistrictBaller)

April 17, 2015

WOW!.....good for Korey!....TheEagleman always liked his game..... :clap:

Oral Roberts grad transfer Korey Billbury tells ESPN he plans to visit Virginia Tech next weekend. VCU, Georgia Tech, others in the mix.

— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello)

April 17, 2015

good for Korey... :clap: :clap:

now to Scott Sutton and Mike Carter; let's leave the #24 in the rafters and off the court.  p.s. i'll say the same thing about #15 when Obi plays his last game.  it still burns me that those numbers were even issued....AGAIN!!!

• Upvote 3

now to Scott Sutton and Mike Carter; let's leave the #24 in the rafters and off the court.  p.s. i'll say the same thing about #15 when Obi plays his last game.  it still burns me that those numbers were even issued....AGAIN!!!

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes....come on, Mr. Carter....please leave 15 and 24 off the court..... :nerd:

DBH's handler.....same guy that put the ORU coaches on blast when DBH got into Celtic camp.   i guess he is helping to shop Korey.

best of luck to Korey at VCU.  good for him in getting his degree.

here's the TW's article which clears absolutely nothing up......LINK

Billbury would later describe the suspension as a "lack of communication."

"I, personally, could have handled it better," said Billbury, who topped the 1,000-point mark in January and has 1,099 career points. "I take responsibility for all of that and doing things in the right way. I'm still learning at the end of the day."

Billbury said there was no ill will toward the coaches or anyone at ORU.

"I'm not even dwelling on everything that happened," he said. "I'm not mad at the coaches or anything or myself; I'm just thankful I made it this far with nothing happening."

The suspension came as a shock to Billbury, who showed up to the Mabee Center ready to practice on the eve of ORU's final homestand.

"I was coming out of the locker room dressed for practice, and it was just one of those things that happened," Billbury said. "It was a decision they had to make, given the circumstances."

Korey steps up to the Atlantic 10 which means he should make two trips to Philadelphia next season......TheEagleman may be catching him in action at some point vs. either LaSalle or St. Josephs..... :nerd:

Korey is a pretty solid young man. Appreciate his time in the ORU uniform. Wish him nothing but the absolute best!

Hate to see Billbury go, but hope he does well (I'm sure he will) at VCU. It will be interesting to follow and see his contributions for the Rams.

ANYBODY have any idea what could have happened between Korey and Coach Sutton that couldn't be repaired so he could finish at ORU?....sounds like he really didn't want to go and it doesn't really sound like some kind of honor code violation.....very strange..... :|

It wasn't between Korey and Coach Sutton.

Korey is a fine young man.

It just needs to be left at that. Sorry Eagleman, some things don't need to become internet fodder.

It's interesting to visit the VCU message board and see their reaction to signing Korey. They are (and should be) excited to add him as a player.

They should be. He is a good citizen and will be a nice contributor for them, especially if they continue Smart's game plan of pressing.

Gotcha, Voice....and I agree....TheEagleman always enjoyed watching Billbury as a player.....I am going to miss him....but will be rooting for him to have a big senior season at VCU.....not sure they will be as good without Coach Smart but we shall see..... :nerd: