10. Chris Crawford - Fr

11. Kris Martin - Fr

12. DaQuan Jeffries - Fr

known interest or offer:

Chima Moneke - JUCO - F

Jalen Bradley - JUCO - PG

DaQuan Jeffries - HS - SF

Chris Owens - HS - SG

Seeing the Redshirt Senior designation beside Obi's name raises another question.  Is there still a possibility of a sixth hardship year for Obi, ala Andrew Meloy and Roderick Pearson?  From my recollection, Obi's situation is very similar to Rod's - played freshman year elsewhere, transferred and sat out for redshirt year, then injured early in "redshirt sophomore" year.  I believe the "hardship" year was granted during the summer before the fifth year, which would be this upcoming summer for Obi.  Anyone know if an application has been filed or if Obi is even interested in a sixth year, and if so, when a decision might be handed down?

Have heard a rumor that we might be after another big guy that is not listed here. Don't know much more than that. Also heard that Moneke might be close to a decision - just hope it is the right one. I think players can sign beginning April 17.

• Upvote 1

Seeing the Redshirt Senior designation beside Obi's name raises another question.  Is there still a possibility of a sixth hardship year for Obi, ala Andrew Meloy and Roderick Pearson?  From my recollection, Obi's situation is very similar to Rod's - played freshman year elsewhere, transferred and sat out for redshirt year, then injured early in "redshirt sophomore" year.  I believe the "hardship" year was granted during the summer before the fifth year, which would be this upcoming summer for Obi.  Anyone know if an application has been filed or if Obi is even interested in a sixth year, and if so, when a decision might be handed down?

Pretty sure that Pearson's transfer to ORU was treated differently due to SE Missouri State being put on probation; it's some sort of NCAA loophole for innocent-bystander players at sanctioned programs.

No such luck I think in Obi's case for leaving Western Illinois - he left a healthy program of his own free will.  Have to wonder if Western would have even granted Obi his release if ORU had still been in the Summit at the time.

As far as other options, the NCAA has started playing hardball on the "sick grandma" excuse for transferring back closer to home and playing immediately, not that he would have played that card.

Suppose he could try to convince the powers-that-be he was "run off" from WIU, but that would be laughable:  he was arguably the best freshman in the Summit League his single season there.

Good point, OT. I had forgotten about the SEMO probation angle, and agree that this likely was a key component of his exemption. Bummer...

now if the coaches can close the class w/ Bradley's teammate Chima Moneke.   12.1 rebounds and 2 blks a game sounds good.

i think this is everyone:

1. Obi Emegano- RSr

2. Brandon Conley - Sr

3. Aaron Anderson - RJr

4. Jalen Bradley - RJr

5. Aaron Young - Jr

6. Darian Harris - RSo

7. Albert Owens - So

8. Javan White - Fr

9. Chris Miller - Fr

10. Chris Crawford - Fr

11. Kris Martin - Fr

12. DaQuan Jeffries - Fr

known interest or offer:

Chima Moneke - JUCO - F

Jalen Bradley - JUCO - PG

DaQuan Jeffries - HS - SF

Chris Owens - HS - SG

If that last roster spot is not filled by a true post player, then ORU may have one of the shorter rosters from top-to-bottom of any D-1 school in the country:  not one player over 6'-9', and only 4 players over 6'-5" (one senior, two sophomores and one freshman).

• 2 weeks later...

anyone heard any names?   saw that JaQuan Smith mentioned above is headed to SFA

I saw a transfer from Wake Forest on campus the other day.

thanks EagleManiac.  looking at the verbal commits page for Wake, i'd guess it was Daniel Green who is transferring and was recruited by ORU out of HS.

Status Transferred from Wake Forest

Year 2011 (RS SR)

Position Power Forward

Height 6-10

Weight 240

Hometown Colleyville, TX

High School Grapevine High School

LINK

I saw a transfer from Wake Forest on campus the other day.

Please tell me he was really tall... :muscle:

I rode the elevator up EMR with him and Aaron Young. Standing next to Aaron, he looked about 8 feet.

• Upvote 2

I rode the elevator up EMR with him and Aaron Young. Standing next to Aaron, he looked about 8 feet.

:inlove:

appears he was snake bit with an acl for two seasons.  even though he would be a 5th year senior, gotta think he would be a candidate to get a 6th year from the NCAA wherever he lands.

Wake Bio