5 Players to Leave Program

SOLO_Gold

Am I to understand that you don't even think they're recruiting bigger players, OT? Surely they're trying, but not meeting with success.

I'm just trying to think of a website such as Rivals.com where I've seen ORU offering many kids over 6'-9" in the past few seasons...I know they haven't signed anyone like that since the 7-footer Kaufmann who transferred to Youngstown State year before last.

If IUPUI and Western Illinois and everybody else in the Summit can manage to sign big kids, why can't (or, perhaps more accurately, "won't") ORU sign them?

I think they would say they were trying to adapt to the style of play in the Southland and now that we're back in the Summit, we'll pursue those kind of players again. But I'm with the Old Titan, our recruiting results just aren't cutting it. Don't give me the excuse of this being a Christian school. There is hardly a dress code and starting this Fall we don't have curfews for anyone past their freshman year. It's time to get some results. 

Five players to leave men’s basketball team - Oracle

“Both parties, Korey and my staff and I, felt it would probably be best for Korey to look elsewhere,†Sutton said.

When asked if he would have brought Billbury back had he wanted to return, Sutton said, “probably not.â€

“I loved my time at ORU,†Billbury said. “I played under a tremendous staff who I consider family now. I thank Coach Sutton and the rest of the coaches for molding me into the man I’m maturing to be.â€

really wished things could have worked out.....at least it sounds like there are no hard feelings.  i hope he can finish his degree and be immediately eligible.  as i understand it, the NCAA has done away with all hardship waivers.

Five players to leave men’s basketball team - Oracle

really wished things could have worked out.....at least it sounds like there are no hard feelings.  i hope he can finish his degree and be immediately eligible.  as i understand it, the NCAA has done away with all hardship waivers.

Does anyone else ever recall the writing at The Oracle being this good?

I have no clue who David Sauer is, but he sure knows how to write an article:  clear, concise and insightful.

Considering the subject matter, it must have been tempting to moralize or jump to conclusions on this piece, but instead he stuck to the facts and let the quotes speak for themselves.

Well done!!  :clap:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...